Monday, 25 January 2010

How faithful are you?

I was confronted with this question and my first reaction was to say 100%.

Because I love the Lord with my whole heart eversince I gave my heart to Jesus in 2003. I never stopped loving Him.

On the contrary.

I have asked a couple of people the same question and by their immediate responses, I realised most of them never 'considered' the question.
They reacted on their first impulse, without ... soul-searching...

How faithful are you to God?

You have faith.
Faith in God.
Faith in His Promises.
His miracles.

But, how faithful are you to God?

When I really looked into my heart, like really looking, I discovered that I was not as faithful as I make myself out to be. As I tell myself.
As I make others belief.

I haven't always told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. There were times that I've bend the rules, in order for things to suit me..

I have compromised. I have neglected. I have been unfaithful to the One I care about the most. The deepest.

The ONE who never neglects me. Never compromises on me. Who is always faithful to His promises. His word...

I tumbled from my self-made thrown.
Fast and Hard.

I have failed myself.
I have not been faithful to my God.

That realisation took me to the floor.

Father, forgive me, for I have sinned.
I have disappointed you over and over again.

How faithful are you to God?

No comments:

Post a Comment

8 Characteristics of Believers Who Don’t Give Up in the Battle

Living for Christ is hard—sometimes so hard that we’re tempted to wonder if it’s worth the sacrifice. It is, of course, but difficultie...