Monday 25 January 2010

How faithful are you?

I was confronted with this question and my first reaction was to say 100%.

Because I love the Lord with my whole heart eversince I gave my heart to Jesus in 2003. I never stopped loving Him.

On the contrary.

I have asked a couple of people the same question and by their immediate responses, I realised most of them never 'considered' the question.
They reacted on their first impulse, without ... soul-searching...

How faithful are you to God?

You have faith.
Faith in God.
Faith in His Promises.
His miracles.

But, how faithful are you to God?

When I really looked into my heart, like really looking, I discovered that I was not as faithful as I make myself out to be. As I tell myself.
As I make others belief.

I haven't always told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. There were times that I've bend the rules, in order for things to suit me..

I have compromised. I have neglected. I have been unfaithful to the One I care about the most. The deepest.

The ONE who never neglects me. Never compromises on me. Who is always faithful to His promises. His word...

I tumbled from my self-made thrown.
Fast and Hard.

I have failed myself.
I have not been faithful to my God.

That realisation took me to the floor.

Father, forgive me, for I have sinned.
I have disappointed you over and over again.

How faithful are you to God?

No comments:

Post a Comment