Friday, 15 June 2012

Praying for my husband - Day 9


14 Days of prayer for my husband

Day 9:

Dear God. Ever since I undertook this journey to pray for my husband, You quietly started a process in my own heart…a process I did not necessarily think to pray for myself, but being the good God You are You planted a seed of commitment, a softness, a kindness, a seed of repentance, a seed of forgiveness in me … I just know it’s there.  I just know.

I sense a softness in my heart towards my husband… something shifted.. it’s almost as if I had a tiny glimpse of my past behaviours …there's an awareness in me this morning that I also need to change.

Make me want to change. Make me the peacemaker 
~  Matthew 5:9 'Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God'

You are so good to me.

God I pray today that You will shine a spotlight on me.
On who I really am. On what I have become. What I have allowed myself to get involved in. On where my focus is. On my divided heart…

I must confess, this is something I don’t really want to pray for – because this 14 day journey started out to be a journey devoted to my husband. He needs this more than I do. Well, I thought so…But You have other plans. Good plans for me. For us.
I make a decision today Lord, that I want to be the women You created me to be. I want to walk in Your shadow with a clear conscience, an open heart… Help me to get there again!!

I do not want to justify my sins and inequities anymore. I need You more. I need to change for myself. I need to turn by back on yesterday to walk hand-in-hand with You into tomorrow…Into my –new- marriage.

But this is something I cannot do alone. How do I walk away from something(0ne) I’ve grown fond off… and need…I have created my own little world where I feel safe. How do I let go? God how?

Make my heart to want to!
I need You Jesus. All of You. I need Your Help, You Strength.

Hear my cry as I give voice to what You have spoken:

Ezekiel 36:25-27 ~  I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

I have enough faith (HOPE!) that You will change us both… to live for You. To live for each other.

In Jesus Name I pray. 
Amen





No comments:

Post a Comment

8 Characteristics of Believers Who Don’t Give Up in the Battle

Living for Christ is hard—sometimes so hard that we’re tempted to wonder if it’s worth the sacrifice. It is, of course, but difficultie...