Monday 16 January 2012

Deliver me from the evil one!

I often find myself praying and reciting the following words;
"Father hear my prayer and delivery me from the evil, let no weapon formed against me, prosper"

I have found quite a few scriptures in the bible and recognized the importance of it - there are so many wicked people in the world, in the market place, even family and friends who wants to see us fall and fail.

They concoct lies and spread rumors to make you look bad so they have a better chance to be accepted and promoted. Hence me sharing the following prayers again:

My Father in heaven - hear my prayer today:
I pray that Your name will always be kept holy.
I pray that Your kingdom will come -
that what You want will be done here on earth, as it is in heaven.
Give me the food I need for this day
and forgive me my sins
just as I have forgiven those who did me wrong
Don't let me be tempted today -
please save me and my family from the evil one!

~ Math 6:9-13

 

Deliver me, O Lord, from evil men;
preserve me from violent men,
who plan evil things in their heart
and stir up wars continually.
They make their tongue sharp as a serpent's,
and under their lips is the venom of asps. Selah

Guard me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked;
preserve me from violent men,
who have planned to trip up my feet
The arrogant have hidden a trap for me,
and with cords they have spread a net;
beside the way they have set snares for me. Selah
I say to the Lord, You are my God;
give ear to the voice of my pleas for mercy, O Lord!
O Lord, my Lord, the strength of my salvation,
you have covered my head in the day of battle.
Grant not, O Lord, the desires of the wicked;
do not further their evil plot, or they will be exalted!
 
~ Psalm 140: 1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment