Wednesday, 7 April 2010

What if I was the Mother of the Most High King

Would I have been able to stand in Mary’s shoes? As a women, as a mother?

Would I have been able to witness my son being rejected, beaten, crucified and left to die on a cross to fulfill God's prophecy?

Would I have been able to withstand the pain of a sword piercing through my heart?

Would I have been strong enough to hold on to my faith in God during this time?

Would I have failed God by begging Him to intervene, to not go through with His plans? Would my selfishness once again surfaced? I think I would have failed Him! In my own small little world, I would have given up, would have wanted my own comfort, my own pain to be spared... I give up so easily on my dreams (and His!) when times are hard … I am so ashamed…

God, must have trusted Mary with His whole heart for her to be the mother of His Son, Jesus!

Oh I... [yee] of little faith…

No comments:

Post a Comment

8 Characteristics of Believers Who Don’t Give Up in the Battle

Living for Christ is hard—sometimes so hard that we’re tempted to wonder if it’s worth the sacrifice. It is, of course, but difficultie...