Thursday 25 August 2016

I'm Weak, But still Anointed

"And I am weak today, though anointed king;" (2 Samuel 3:39)

This was spoken from the mouth of King David following the cruel battles of the house of Saul and the house of David. David was exhausted physically, mentally, and spiritually from all that had transpired since his inauguration as King. Brothers were killing brothers, and life was throwing curve balls at David. He never even got to enjoy his first few days as King. 

However, here is the point I wish to make to those of you who know God has anointed you for a particular assignment. Being weak doesn’t mean your anointing is. This is one of the revelations we need to receive as God’s children that we don’t operate out of the weak identity of the flesh. What makes us powerful is the Spirit of God in us and the anointing upon us. It is the anointing that will make up for your fleshly weakness. 

Jesus said this to the Apostle Paul, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness." How many people get discouraged because they identify their weakness to determine their effectiveness? I have found over the years that I get better results when I feel in the natural I was less effective. Why is it that way? “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels (weak), that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us." (2 Corinthians 4:7) God likes to take the weak and show Himself strong through them, so that at the end of their assignment He gets all the glory for it. 

It’s time to be like the Apostle Paul and say, “Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Corinthians 12:9) Remember it doesn’t matter how gifted, talented, or charismatic you are, if you don’t have the anointing nothing will change either way. So you may be weak, but remember you are anointed!
 

Guest Article – Mark Casto

No comments:

Post a Comment