Tuesday, 23 August 2016

five little stones

On my way to the office one morning, I heard this song on the radio and immediately fell in love with the lyrics because it captures a peace of my own heart:...
 
It never was about the oil dripping from my head
I never did dream beyond the pastures I could tend
It was never about the praise, not about the street parade
I didn't really need a crowd when Goliath fell down
 
I never meant to woo a king with simple shepherd songs
Or hide away inside a cave, safe from danger's arms
I never meant to wear a crown or try to bring armies down
It never was about me and who I hoped to be
 
Five little stones or a royal robe
Shepherd or king doesn't mean a thing
'Cause at the end of the day
I want to hear people say:
My heart looks like Your heart!
 
[Your heart from Chris Tomlin]

No comments:

Post a Comment

8 Characteristics of Believers Who Don’t Give Up in the Battle

Living for Christ is hard—sometimes so hard that we’re tempted to wonder if it’s worth the sacrifice. It is, of course, but difficultie...