Tuesday 23 August 2016

five little stones

On my way to the office one morning, I heard this song on the radio and immediately fell in love with the lyrics because it captures a peace of my own heart:...
 
It never was about the oil dripping from my head
I never did dream beyond the pastures I could tend
It was never about the praise, not about the street parade
I didn't really need a crowd when Goliath fell down
 
I never meant to woo a king with simple shepherd songs
Or hide away inside a cave, safe from danger's arms
I never meant to wear a crown or try to bring armies down
It never was about me and who I hoped to be
 
Five little stones or a royal robe
Shepherd or king doesn't mean a thing
'Cause at the end of the day
I want to hear people say:
My heart looks like Your heart!
 
[Your heart from Chris Tomlin]

No comments:

Post a Comment