Wednesday 24 November 2010

a Staggering Love Story

I want to share with you a scripture that always seems to amaze me, now matter how many times I read it:
The story about when Adam and Eve fell from grace.

When they ran off and hid in the bushes, God came looking for them. He called to Adam, “where are you?” Genesis 3:9

Even in their wrong God still pursued them. Though we betrayed Him and fell into the hands of the Evil One, God did not abandon us. God has been rescuing His children from the beginning. God is looking for a people who will turn to Him from the heart, be His intimate allies once more.

I long to be gracious to you. You are precious and honoured in My sight, because I love you. But you are the offspring of adulterers. You have made your bed on a high and lofty hill, forsaking me, you uncovered your bed, you climbed into it and opened it wide. You have been false to Me.

I remember the devotion of your youth, how as a bride you loved me… What fault did you find in Me that you strayed so far from Me? …I have loved you with an everlasting love, I have drawn you with loving kindness. What have I done to make you hate Me so much (Isaiah)

God loves us so much. He is filled with the jealousy of a wounded lover.

I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the Lord. They will be my people and I will be their God, for they will return to Me with all their heart (Jeremiah 24:7)

God created us in freedom to be His intimate allies and He will not give up on us. He seeks His allies still. Not religion. Not good church people. Lovers. Allies.

The Son of Man … came to give His life as a ransom for many (Matthew 20:28)


No comments:

Post a Comment