Friday 20 August 2010

The Psalmist and I

Hide your face from my sins
and blot out all my iniquity.

Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.

Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Psalm 51:10-12
 
A psalm that goes wayyyy back with me...
It has brought me through so many trials & tribulations in my past ... & my present - I have literally spend hours and hours reading, meditating, quoting, praying and crying over these few precious scriptures. Holding on to them, for my life depended on it....
 
...if only this psalmist could know how the words that flew from his pen has touched my broken spirit in so many ways, so many times...

No comments:

Post a Comment