Tuesday 3 July 2012

Jesus please tell my Mother...

Jesus there are so many unspoken words in my heart… if I put them all together, they would form a story. A beautiful story of a mother, my mother whom I deeply-deeply loved.

But I never spoke those words Jesus.
I never did.
I kept them all for one day, a special occasion…that never came.

I would have loved one more day with her…to say the words that burns in my heart, the love I had for her from the start. I would buy her lilies, tulips and roses and tell her how I see her perfect reflection in them.

I would tell her I wish I could carry all her many burdens
I would tell her I never meant to cause her any heartaches or pain
I would tell her I wished she never knew illness, sorrows or shame  
that she taught me well, that I am so proud to call her ‘mother’
...that she was the best thing that ever happened to me!
I would tell her I love her with my whole heart, over and over again.
I would love her in a way she deserved to be loved…

I never did any of the above. 
I just loved her ordinary. Spoke to her ordinary. Treated her ordinary. Visited her ordinary.

Jesus, but now it’s too late. 

I never wanted her to die not knowing how much I loved, adored, appreciated and respected her!
How will she now ever know?!
I never-never wanted her to be alone when she dies!
If only I had known!

Jesus I would give anything, sacrifice everything...  for one more moment with her.
Please tell I her I miss her endlessly -- that I love her dearly! 
Please tell her...
And Jesus, please tell her that she was the best thing that ever happened to me!

In Jesus Name I pray
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment