Wednesday, 2 May 2012

guilt-ridden

I am so ashamed for what I have done
How could I?
Ashamed, coz I know what I was doing.
Ashamed, coz I wanted to
Guilt-ridden, because I did!
In all this time, I knew You were watching me… hoping I would not go through with it

I knew all of this, coz' I heard Your voice
Don’t

But I did.
I tried to hide.
But I knew You were still there
Your gaze fixed upon me.
I knew, but I still touched the fire!
I felt the warmth of it
Aware of the destruction it will bring
And wanted it even more

Don’t play with fire
But I did.

How can I even call upon Your Name?
How dare I?
How can I hope to be forgiven for what I have done?
For making Your grace cheap?
How dare I?

Then I hear this song...
Dare I hope?
Is it You that opened my ear?
To no longer live in fear?

Lord I need You, oh God  how I need You
Lord I confess, my one defence,
Without You I fall apart, You’re the one that guides my heart
Lord I need You, only You know how I need You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

8 Characteristics of Believers Who Don’t Give Up in the Battle

Living for Christ is hard—sometimes so hard that we’re tempted to wonder if it’s worth the sacrifice. It is, of course, but difficultie...