Monday, 23 April 2012

Unprayed prayers

Ever since my husband committed his life to Jesus so many years ago, there has always been a - very well hidden - deep rooted fear that he will fall back on his old paths. Women, booze, parties...
A fear I kept secret from even those closest to me. Afraid it would be perceived as unbelief...  ‘ I am after all a women of faith, with courage and strength ‘
I needed my husband to have something that would hold him to his faith (as if Jesus isn’t enough) I needed him to have something that would make him stay on the small path. Silly Me.
So I did what most concerning (badgering) wife would do… I have made several suggestions that he should start a supporting group for men. Eventually I gave up nagging him and start trusting my Father.
Today, about 5 years later, I am very happy (and relieved – hahaha) that my husband did obey God’s voice to initiate a supporting group – it’s been almost 2 years since they’ve started ~ and during our church service yesterday this group of courageous men has been introduced to the congregation as an official cell group of our church!. I could not have been more proud, more happy, more satisfied ...
This is a group of men that I would like to salute. They are not too proud to acknowledge defeat and that they need each other’s arms to hold them steady during difficult times. This is a group of men that really wants to serve God, yes they make wrong and hurtful decisions, but they are committed to complete the race…'
What a mighty God we serve! All the glory and all the honour to my God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

8 Characteristics of Believers Who Don’t Give Up in the Battle

Living for Christ is hard—sometimes so hard that we’re tempted to wonder if it’s worth the sacrifice. It is, of course, but difficultie...