Wednesday 24 August 2011

a Wilderness Experience

This winter is really stretching me... in more than one way.  I feel... almost... 'post-mortem-ish'. It feels as if I just cannot get past this roller-coaster-emotional-ride I am on!

I know that emotion and faith has nothing do with one another. It's a faith thing and that I should keep my focus on that.

But I am really struggling through all of this. The mountain is just toooo high this time; maybe my aging hormones plays a role, or another exam on its way, or my all-time-weight-battle, my summer clothes that doesn't fit anymore and the mere thought of going on another diet.... agh,!  I just feel sick to my stomach.

So between all of my emotions I thought exercise would do me good; so I went surfing ..  offcourse I took the easy route = Internet Surfing and that really did me gooooood.

The [ever loyal and my best Friend] Holy Spirit led me to a fabulous website on 'Wilderness' and thought I should share this with the world!

That some of the people in the Bible's elite list; Jesus, Moses, David, Abraham, Elijah and Paul (etc.) experienced the same.

[some] Reasons for Wilderness Experiences:
So that you would decide in your deepest being to place God in exclusive control of your life.
So that you would decide on the deepest level of your life to trust God, no matter what you are facing.
So that you would understand the reason for your life.
So that God could equip you for greater service and usefulness.

[originally posted in 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment