Friday 9 September 2011

My love

When I first laid my eyes on you
You were quite shy
Soon after that I knew
I found a love so true.

Through thick and thin we vowed
Alone you and I
Our heads closely bowed...
until we die.

I promised I would be true, I would be faithful
I will be there when you need me
To lean on
To be strong.

Shaken over our past -
We fought for our love to last
The roads were very tough
Often thinking we won’t make it, it's just too rough

Until one glorious day, …
He seemed like an ordinary Man
He spoke one word and forgave our sins
He healed our broken hearts

Today I know you never gave up
each time you pulled us through
A strong tower... that's what you are
fighting like a lion...
soaring like an eagle.

My darling, I can honestly say
You are the best thing
that ever happened to me…

No comments:

Post a Comment