Daar was ‘n tyd in my lewe wat ek nie meer met my man getroud wou wees, onder een dak met hom wou bly nie, en nie meer kans gesien het vir sy woede, venynigde woorde, spitefullgeit, drankmisbruik, ontrouheid ens nie. Ek was desperaat in my omstandighede en het my tot die Here gewend, my hart onvoorwaardelik vir Hom gegee en gevra om in te gryp. En Hy het. Maar in die tyd het die Here my gewys hoe om ‘oor’ te begin want ek het gou die blaam na my man gewend ‘want hy was immers die onregverdige een, die een wat ons nie mooi behandel het nie, ander se part eerder gevat het’,.. ens. Ek moes leer dat ek net soveel skuld het soos hy. Ek was verbitterd, opvlieënd, geirriteerd, onvergenoegd, (met rede!!), het hom nie ge-eer as die hoof van die huis nie, het hom nie gerespekteer nie, (want hy het dit nie verdien nie en was nie in lyn nie! ~ het ek geglo ). Ek het besef dat ek my eie onversoenlikheid teenoor my man moes belei. My verbittering, my woede, my hardheid van hart, my emosion...
Where do I even try to explain the ripple effect divorce had on my life…and those of my children, and grandchildren? I remember the day when I told my mom that I wanted to leave my husband. In her calm and collective way only said ‘it was not going to solve anything’ . In my young and foolish heart, the only thing I could think of was to get away from my situation. To get out. And I did just that. Our daughter was 18 months old when I embarked on this journey; my new life . Within a few months after my divorce, I met a man whom I thought was my soul-mate and after a very short whirl-wind-romance, got married. My whole life revolved around him. I have devoted all of me to him and our marriage. I thought we were so happy and that he was as much in love with me as I was with him. But he had his own struggles. I remember the first time I heard of his unfaithfulness. It was so far-fetched in my mind that I chose not to believe it. It was not happening to ...
A true story of how a women survived her husband's adultery and pornography addiction and how it affected her . The first time I laid my eyes on him, I was amazed by the strong tugging in my heart. I instantly denied the feeling, the longing, the want… the time was not right. Not yet. We ran into each other again, after a couple of weeks since we first met, and I knew I cannot resist the feeling of wanting to be with him any longer. I wanted him. He made me feel like a women again… For many years I was dead. Merely existing.. Surviving.. I wanted to love again. I wanted to be loved so badly that ‘it’, this intense desire that was burning my flesh, burst forth like a volcano. And it made me desperate. We both gave in to the desires of our hearts, rampantly going astray… not a care in the world; as long as we had each other. Just as long as we were together. I was in a hazy bliss. A year or so went by; when I first heard the repellent news… my beloved husband visited a whorehouse...
Comments
Post a Comment